Tomás Postigo Tinto 2012
- Ribera del Duero D.O. appellation
- Grapes: A blend consisting of Tinto Fino (80%), Merlot (10%), Cabernet Sauvignon (8%) and Malbec (2%) from thoroughly selected vineyards that lie at an altitude of 750-1000 meters (2460-3280 feet) above sea level. 27 plots from 12 different Ribera del Duero villages.
- Harvest and Winemaking Process: The grapes were manually harvested in 12 kg crates. Always transferred by gravity, the maceration and alcoholic fermentation was carried out in stainless steel tanks. The malolactic fermentation took place in French oak vats and barrels.
- Aging: Twelve months in new oak barrels (90% French, 10% American). After the crianza period, they had 25 different wines that were blended to get the current wine. Clarified with natural egg whites.
- Sensory Tasting: Bright cherry red color. In the nose you find ripe red and black fruit, red plum and cherry typical from the cold highlands. Sweet spice with aromas of undergrowth and toasted oak. In the mouth is fresh, ample and well-structured. Fruity with sweet ripe tannins, aromatic herbs and licorice, leading to a long firm finish.
- Serving and storing tips: To be served between 60 and 64 degrees Farenheit. Keep it on its side in a cool place (57-60 degrees).
- Production of 94,860 bottles (750 ml.) and 1570 Magnum bottles (1500 ml.)
Tomás Postigo Blanco Fermentado en Barrica 2011
- Rueda D.O. appellation
- Verdejo 100%, the native grape from Rueda. From vines that yielded 50% of the maximum allowed, to ensure the quality.
- Fermented and aged for 7 months in new oak barrels (90% French, 10% American). Batonage of the lees inside the barrels.
- Full bodied with pronounced aromas of vanilla, cedar and mango. Well balanced acidity.
- To be served between 48 and 54 degrees Fareinheit.
For more information about the winery and their wines visit www.tomaspostigo.es